The website you are viewing now was created with PowerSite. Each section was specifically customized with the content, navigation and administration systems required.
New version 2.80 now available!
PowerSite® is Stargate Connections' advanced development environment for creating structured, dynamic websites and web applications. It is a combination of our own, in-house software coupled with expert customization services provided by Stargate's staff.
PowerSite was created to allow companies and other organizations to operate complex, interactive websites that can be maintained over the Internet using any ordinary web browser. No special skills or knowledge of HTML are required. Administrative access is available 24/7 from any Internet connection, and is protected by a comprehensive set of robust security controls.
PowerSite uses a database-driven template methodology common in many web applications, but its unique architecture expands the power, flexibility and ease of development to a degree that is unrivaled in the industry.
More than just content management
Most web content management systems (CMS) are just that – a way to post text, images and files on a website. Many are designed for specific purposes, such as blogs.
PowerSite is more than CMS – it is a full-fledged development tool for building custom web applications. Distributed databases, on-line contests, catalogues, customer relationship management (CRM) systems and e-business solutions can be built and deployed using PowerSite. Pages are fully interactive and data-aware so they can include important features such as reporting, sorting, grouping, calculating, graphing, drawing, importing, exporting, automatic notifications and more.
The fully-customizable nature of PowerSite means its capabilities are limited only by the imaginations of our clients.
Sites Using PowerSite
See how three select Stargate Connections clients have benefited from PowerSite:
- Information for the public including searchable databases of depot locations and recyclable beverage containers
- Two school recycling contests featuring on-line registration, administration, reporting and real-time results
- Many secure areas for internal stakeholders such as brand owners, depot operators and employees with various e-business applications (ordering, reporting, etc.)
- Comprehensive libraries of documentation organized by different departments, with automatic cross-referencing to their relevant contacts
- Standard corporate PR sections for news, employment opportunities, company overview, etc.
College of Veterinarians
of British Columbia – www.cvbc.ca
- Information for the general public as well as private information for members only
- On-line application for placing, managing and exporting classified ads used both on the site and in the organization's quarterly magazine
- Searchable directory of veterinary clinics
Note: This list is not exhaustive; many sites/applications using PowerSite are not public, so they are not listed here. However, private demos may be given upon request.
Types of applications built with PowerSite
To date, we have developed sites with features such as:
- Web pages with full WYSIWYG editing and hierarchical navigation
- Corporate directories of businesses and/or people
- Restricted, members-only intranets/extranets
- News listings and archives
- Event calendars and scheduling applications
- Product catalogues
- Shopping carts (with payment processing provided by third-party services)
- Registration forms with approval, confirmation and reporting systems
- Data entry forms with complete online management, reporting and exporting
- Polls and surveys with multi-step, conditional processing
- Online training and testing systems with automatic scoring and reporting
- Blogs with commenting
- Online newsletters, with each article in an issue submitted by staff but approved by an editor
- Media libraries, galleries and slideshows consisting of downloadable files, photos and videos
- Internal banner ad management
- Online dictionaries and glossaries
- Classified ads with online placement, management and approval, including an "export to magazine print provider" feature
- Employment listings with online application forms, reporting and management
- Email sending forms and online email readers
- Email subscription lists with built-in mass emailing functions
- Instant messaging systems
- Integrated Google Maps with custom markers and geolocation search features
- Integration with social media sites such as YouTube
- RSS feeds
- Site deployment tools (multiple sites served from the same PowerSite installation)
- Built-in mobile and printer-friendly views
The tools to develop these applications exist in every PowerSite installation. No extra modules or plugins are needed, only configuration of each section and creation of one or more view templates. Furthermore, every section may be cross-referenced to any other section so that information may be linked together automatically. For example, a product description may display a list of related downloadable files, gallery photos, or authorized dealers. This can be administered by either choosing the relationships manually, or using a tagging system to match items assigned to the same tag.