Stargate Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement of Stargate Connections Inc. (“Stargate” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personal data and other user information will be collected, stored, used, and shared in connection with doing business with Stargate. This includes the use of our website, subscription to our products and services, and other business transactions such as hardware and software purchases. This Privacy Statement also explain and describe your options and rights regarding the collected information, its use, your access, and correction or deletion of your user information. You will also be asked to provide clear and affirmative consent to the collection, processing, and sharing of your user information.
We value your privacy and are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, vendors, partners, and visitors to our website(s).
This Privacy Statement and its policies has been updated with the intention to comply with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”).
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is any information that can be used, alone or together with other data, to uniquely identify an individual, such as name, email address(es), or phone numbers related to you personally.
What Personal Data do we collect?
For our Clients, we typically collect the following:
Name, email address(es), phone number(s), employment details such as job title and role, in addition to any other data that you intentionally and explicitly want to share.
For our Partners who resell our products and services, we typically collect the following:
Business name, business address, contact name(s), email address(es), phone number(s), job title(s) and role(s), tax-related information such as Provincial Sales Tax number (PST), and GST number.
For our Vendors and Suppliers, we typically collect the following:
Business name, business address, contact name(s), email address(es), phone number(s), job title(s) and role(s), preferred supplier for product category (line card).
How is the Data used and for what purpose?
For Clients and Partners:
As applicable, the data may be used in the following manner:
- To send transactional information, such as quotations, invoices, and monthly statements
- To grant certain rights and permissions for systems and services hosted or managed by Stargate
- To provide technical support for hardware, software, and subscribed services from Stargate
- To send alerts and notifications
- Provide marketing information upon positive Opt-in affirmation
For Vendors and Suppliers:
As applicable, the data may be used in the following manner:
- To send transactional information, such as pricing and availability, purchase orders, and returns
- To request monthly statements, and for resolving accounting issues
How is the Data stored?
We take all reasonable security measures to protect Personal Data and Information. These measures include the protection of our website(s), and against unauthorized access, alteration, and destruction of information we have collected, or user contents as provided by our customers.
Who do we share your personal Data with?
- We may disclose Personal Information only if we have your specific consent to do so.
- We may provide your Personal Information to trusted third parties in augmenting our services to you. We require that these third parties abide by our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Statement, or an equivalent level of privacy protection. Examples of third party services may include penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, and payment processing.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to: (a) satisfy applicable law, regulations, legal process or valid governmental request; (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations of Terms of Service; (c) detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Stargate, its customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We do not sell your personal information, nor share credit card or other financial information for marketing purposes.
- We may disclose Personal Information to third parties in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale (including any transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving Stargate or its affiliated companies or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock or asset sale, or other change in corporate control.
How Long do we keep your personal data?
We will not use your personal data for any longer than needed in order to fulfill the purposes described in this privacy statement. After that, we will delete or permanently destroy your personal data unless required by law to retain it, or parts of it.
What if there was a data breach?
Upon confirmation of an unlawful data breach, Stargate will report to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours if it is apparent that personal information has been stolen or compromised.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Stargate as the data controller,
Stargate, as a business: We will collect your personal data and will use the data for the purposes described in this privacy statement. This means that Stargate is responsible for collecting and using your personal data in accordance with applicable law.
Stargate as the data processor,
Stargate, as a service provider: You may provide or submit access to information and/or personal data depending on the subscribed service(s).
What are your rights in regards to your personal data collected by us?
You can always verify and make corrections and additions to your personal data that are available to us. You have a right to get information on what personal data we have about you, to access this data, to request that we erase certain parts or all of your personal data, to request that we restrict the use of or stop using your personal data, and to have your personal data sent to you in a clear and accessible format.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any other questions regarding your personal data that you believe were not answered in this privacy notice, please contact Stargate’s data protection team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any request to erase or restrict the use of any of your personal data, will be required in writing and may also require additional user identification. After personal data has been erased or deleted, Stargate may not be able to continue providing services to you.
What this Privacy Statement Covers
This Privacy Statement covers doing business with Stargate as a Service Provider. Please note that Stargate’s website is not covered by this Privacy Statement (unless otherwise noted)