Version 2.83 now released!
PowerSite® is Stargate Connections' advanced development service for creating custom, structured websites and web applications. It's a combination of our own in-house software coupled with rapid development and maintenance services.
PowerSite was created to allow companies and other organizations to operate complex, interactive websites that can be maintained over the internet using any ordinary web browser. No special skills or knowledge of HTML are required. Administrative access is available 24/7 from any internet connection.
Security is paramount. Every PowerSite is protected by a comprehensive set of robust security controls.
PowerSite uses a database-driven template system similar to WordPress, SharePoint and others, but its unique architecture expands the power, flexibility and ease-of-development to a degree that is unrivaled in the industry.
More than just content management
PowerSite is more versatile than a typical content management system (CMS) — it is a full-fledged development service for building any type of custom web application. Distributed databases, on-line contests, catalogues, customer relationship management systems (CRM) and e-business solutions can be built and deployed using PowerSite.
Pages are fully interactive and data-aware so they can include important features such as reporting, sorting, grouping, calculating, graphing, drawing, importing, exporting, automatic notifications and more.
The fully-customizable nature of PowerSite means its capabilities are limited only by the imaginations of our clients.
Sites Using PowerSite
See how select Stargate Connections clients have benefited from PowerSite:
Featured Site: Encorp Pacific (Canada) www.return-it.ca
- A vast amount of information for the public including searchable databases of depot locations and recyclable beverage containers
- School recycling contest featuring on-line registration, administration, reporting and real-time results
- Many secure areas for internal stakeholders such as brand owners, depot operators and employees with various e-business applications (ordering, reporting, etc.)
Featured Sites: MCI Canada (Vancouver)
MCI Group is a company with world-wide presence that has used PowerSite to create several time-limited conference websites. The flexibility of PowerSite allows them host multiple sites at different domains with just one installation. A cleverly-designed template system allows each site to be themed entirely through CSS. Their latest upcoming events include:
- 27th International Ornithological Congress: www.iocongress2018.com
- 29th International Pediatric Association Congress: www.ipa2019congress.com
- Innovate NanoMedicine 2019: www.nano-innovate.com
BC Recycles: www.bcrecycles.ca
ComNav Marine Ltd.: www.comnavmarine.com
Many sites/applications using PowerSite are not public. However, private demos may be given upon request.
Types of applications built with PowerSite
To date, we have developed sites with features such as:
- Web pages with full WYSIWYG editing and hierarchical navigation
- Corporate directories of businesses and/or people
- Restricted, members-only intranets/extranets
- News listings and archives
- Event calendars and scheduling applications
- Product catalogues
- Shopping carts (with payment processing provided by third-party services)
- Registration forms with approval, confirmation and reporting systems
- Data entry forms with complete online management, reporting and exporting
- Polls and surveys with multi-step, conditional processing
- Online training and testing systems with automatic scoring and reporting
- Blogs with commenting
- Online newsletters, with each article in an issue submitted by staff but approved by an editor
- Media libraries, galleries and slideshows consisting of downloadable files, photos and videos
- Internal banner ad management
- Online dictionaries and glossaries
- Classified ads with online placement, management and approval, including an "export to magazine print provider" feature
- Employment listings with online application forms, reporting and management
- Email forms and online email readers
- Email subscription lists with mass emailing functions
- Instant messaging systems
- Integrated Google Maps with custom markers and geolocation search features
- Integration with social media sites such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- Exported RSS feeds
- Site deployment tools (multiple sites served from the same PowerSite installation)
- Built-in mobile and printer-friendly views
The tools to develop these applications exist in every PowerSite installation. No extra modules or plugins are needed, only configuration of each section and creation of one or more view templates. Furthermore, every section may be cross-referenced to any other section so that information may be linked together automatically.
Benefits over WordPress
As of June 2017, 27% of the web uses WordPress. It is extremely easy to use and extremely versatile. It is also available for free, making it very popular.
However, WordPress has a significant number of security concerns. The same features that make it easy to install plugins, themes and updates are the same features that allow hackers to break into your site. Much of this is due to how WordPress allows users and administrators to install and edit server-side programming (PHP scripts).
PowerSite has NEVER allowed users to install or edit server-side programming. In its 21+ years of existence, no PowerSite installation has ever been compromised.
WordPress requires site owners to keep diligent about upgrades, patches and maintenance themselves, or pay for a maintenance contract offered by their developers. Every PowerSite comes backed by Stargate's commitment to on-going maintenance service, included in the hosting fee. Only programming, design and content updates incur additional fees.