Application hosting has been for Stargate something similar to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
We centrally host applications, such as accounting, ERP, HR, logistics, etc., in our cloud and end-users connect from their office into the server/applications hosted here. This is generally billed on a subscription basis.
This has been delivered in a variety of ways:
- Through thin-client, full desktops to terminal servers (or RDS Servers) where a client application is installed in a Windows-based server here
- Through thin-client directly to an application hosted here
- Through a web interface
Additionally, Stargate has created value-added services which can be personalized through customers discretion:
- Hosted Exchange (managed and unmanaged) with anti-spam
- File and database (SQL) services
- Directory authentication
- Backup and disaster recovery (DR)
- Full management and support services, which include end-user support, backups, patching, performance monitoring, etc.
- Ability to host and/or failover to another datacenter (Burnaby to Toronto, or vice versa)
- Office 365
Where possible, we protect delivery of these services over secure connections through our SSL VPN product. This is especially important for remote or travelling users who may be working out-of-office frequently.