Stargate Creative Services
Stargate Connections' creative services are reserved exclusively for customers who have, or sign up for, other Stargate internet services, such as hosting, connectivity or networking.
All creative work is considered billable at our standard hourly rate, invoiced at a minimum of 1/2 hour and 1/4 hour increments thereafter per request or defined project.
Estimates may be given upon request for larger projects (see note), but remain estimates only, not fixed quotes. If customers have budgetary limits, it is advised to notify us in advance so we can ensure creative work does not exceed these limits. (We feel very strongly about trust, and never charge more than is actually needed beyond our minimum charges.)
All requests for creative work should be sent by email to email@example.com. Sending creative service requests to other departments may slow response time. Phone calls should also be accompanied by an email to ensure the request details are accurately documented in our ticketing system.
The normal hours for this department are Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm, but off-hours work is available with at least 24 hours advance notice.
- HTML and CSS markup
- copy writing and text editing, including corrections to customer-supplied content
- image creation and manipulation
- posting content to customer websites
- audio/video production, media conversion and animation
- training on industry-standard topics (e.g. HTML techniques)
- meetings and discussions of established projects
- learning or reverse-engineering third-party* created code, products or websites
- migrating website content from/to third-party* web servers
- WordPress* installation, maintenance and updates
- restoring website content from backup archives
- converting PowerSite content to static HTML
- hacked website forensics (beyond one hour)
(included as part of other fees, such as hosting)
- PowerSite training (and other proprietary Stargate services)
- PowerSite security and performance maintenance
- PowerSite version upgrades
- discussion of new project proposals (prior to commitment)
- correcting or investigating errors caused by Stargate
- hacked website forensics (first hour only)
Many common website updates can be made within our 1/2 hour minimum charge. Customers are advised to send as many updates as possible in a single request to avoid excessive invoicing for small, individual requests.
Also, please avoid asking for estimates for simple requests. We can advise you if we believe a request will exceed a certain expectation. By default, allow for at least 3/4 hour at our current rate, which covers most basic content updates plus any potential changes upon review.
* Note: It is unlikely we can provide estimates for work involving third-party programming or hosting services due to the potential for many unknowns.